Just about everyone from tiny babies to the very elderly benefit from Reflexology.
Reflexology is a science based on the proven principle that reflex areas in the feet, hands and ears relate to the internal organs and other structures of the body. Pressure is applied to these reflex areas to bring health and balance to the body. A recent University of Minnesota study of world research into Reflexology found that Reflexology may:
- Impact specific organs – for example, MRI readings demonstrated an increase in blood flow to kidneys and to the intestines.
- Improve symptoms – in particular, positive changes were noted in kidney functioning with kidney dialysis patients.
- Induce relaxation – though EEG measurements of alpha and theta waves, researchers saw that blood pressure was decreased, and anxiety was lowered.
- Reduce pain – 27 studies demonstrated a positive outcome for reduction in pain, e.g. AIDS, chest pain, peripheral neuropathy of diabetes mellitus, kidney stones, and osteoarthritis.
Reflexology is an ideal complement to massage and other tactile therapies as well as nursing. It is one of the few natural therapies to be adopted by the nursing profession, and is used in palliative care, midwifery and aged care. For example: Professional Reflexology is offered to patients at the Chris O’Brien Life house Centre ( http://www.mylifehouse.org.au/) to complement their treatments for Cancer patients. Also reflexology is offered during the birthing process at Gosford Hospital to help alleviate pain.
What are the Benefits of Reflexology?
- Digestive Disorders – strengthens the digestive system, allowing inflammation and congestion to be reduced by improving indigestion, constipation and intestinal problems, food allergies.
- Skin Disorders – mostly originates in the digestive system. Regular treatments can improve the condition of the skin.
- Migraines and Headaches – reduces the severity of the migraines and headaches, while balancing hormones.
- Improves circulation– thereby increasing nutrition to the cells and promoting the removal of waste.
- Lymphatic system – reduction of tissue swelling, improves immunity therefore reduces the risk of infection.
- Energy System – balances the energy flow in the meridians which leads to a general sense of wellbeing.
- Relaxation – as 75-80% of disease is said to be caused by stress
- Stress Management – reduces nervous tension and calms overall adrenal glands, improving sleep and focus.
- Chronic illness – reduces pain, promotes elimination of toxins and helps activate and balance all body systems.
- Foot Problems – reduces oedema, alleviates foot pain and improves mobility of the foot and ankle.
- Children – colic, constipation, bed-wetting, teething problems, restlessness are just a few typical problems which respond well to reflexology.
- Pregnancy and Birth – helps soothe the pains of pregnancy and prepares the body for birth & hormonal balance.
- The Elderly – for pain relief, TLC and general wellbeing.
- Post-Operative Recovery – gentle but effective on the mind, body and soul.
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE FOR MOTHER’S DAY
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, why not buy your loved ones a Gift Voucher!
Just call Lucy on 9743 4017 to arrange the Gift Voucher.
T H A N K Y O U
Your Referrals are how clients come to Sue’s Healing Haven.
Your genuine testimonials are the greatest compliment.
By giving your time to email a testimonial, we would like to offer you a
$25 Gift Voucher for use on your next visit as a token of our appreciation.
Sue Larkin & Lucy